Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Using a 'Select' (Data Validation) List?

Thanks for the follow-up Ron, and sorry about my delay.

My data for the both the main list and the dependent list are on the
same sheet, though the lists are being used on another sheet in the
same workbook. My trouble is is creating the dependent data validation
using the INDIRECT function. I am using: =INDIRECT(Data!A2) for which
I receive the following error: "You may not use references to other
worksheets or workbooks for Data Validation criteria." This is where I
am currently stuck. I really do not want to have the data for the list
on the same sheet that I am working on. Any help?

Thanks,
~Dan