Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
mike

Default SumIf

that helps but there are thousands of orders and hundreds of vendor #s. I
would have to use that formula for each vendor # right? Is it possible to
have excel look at all the vendor numbers and return each vendor number with
the total rather than using that formula for each vendor #? I can copy the
formula down but if I do it will return the total for each vendor # that
matches.

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

=SUMIF(A:A,vendornumber,C:C)

or if the vendor numbers are text

=SUMIF(A:A,"vendornumber",C:C)

Peo Sjoblom

"mike" wrote in message
I have an excel question. I have a large file with multiple columns. I'm

only
concerned with two. column a has vendor # and column b has an amount. I

want
to know if there is a way for excel to look at the vendor #s in column A

then
add up the values in column c for all the vendor #s that match. In other
words I want it to look at duplicate vendor #s in a and return one value

that
added up all the amounts in column b.

"Steven" wrote:

Is there a way to put multiple criteria in a single sumif() equation.

=SUMIF(C7:C200,C2,E7:E200)

But the criteria I want to sum is really in C2, C3 and C4 and I prefer

it
all in one function. ie I dont want to say: =SUMIF(C7:C200,C2,E7:E200)

+
SUMIF(C7:C200,C3,E7:E200) + SUMIF(C7:C200,C4,E7:E200)

Thanks.