Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
swissforestry

Default Trendline Equations

Hello~

Is there a way to have a cell state the "Trendline Equation" from a
chart? I can get the chart to display the equation, but so far I have
to manually input the formula to a cell if I want to use it. I would
like to bypass this, so I don’t have to change the Equation if I change
the data in the chart.

Alternatively, can you have a function that recognizes the variables in
the equation, and just reference it from the chart? So in this case i
would want to have a formula that would identify the trendline equation
and also identify the x,y: i.e B4 = (X) and B5 = (y). Then i could drag
it down the column for each row.

make any sense??

thanks~

--