Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Viviana

Default Opening an excel file on another computer changes the setup on

It is the same printer; besides, the laptop is not connected to any printer
at all. So, I really don't think it's a printer/driver issue.
Thanks anyways!
Viv

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Maybe it's not excel's fault.

If you both use different printers (or different printer drivers), maybe excel
is doing its best to make sure the page layout is as close as it can be.

Viviana wrote:

Opening an excel file from a diskette that was created on a different
computer changes the setup on file. How can I prevent that from happening?
I created file on desktop and open it on laptop, all of my margins, column
widths are changed. I'm using on both computers Win XP and Excel 2003. Any
ideas?
Thanks!
Viv

--