Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
DENNIS

Default DATES IN EXCELL

Thanks bob and Gord I will try that vba out and let you know if it works.
Thanks again for everyones help!
--
Dennis

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

'-----------------------------------------------------------------
Function DocProps(prop As String)
'-----------------------------------------------------------------
Application.Volatile
On Error GoTo err_value
DocProps = ActiveWorkbook.BuiltinDocumentĀ*Properties _
(prop)
Exit Function
err_value:
DocProps = CVErr(xlErrValue)
End Function

and enter in a cell such as

=DocProps ("creation date")

--

HTH

RP

"DENNIS" (NOSPAM) wrote in message
IS THERE ANY WAY TO MAKE AN EXCELL WORKSHEET SHOW THE DATE IT WAS

ORIGIONALLY
CREATED AT THE TOP OF THE PAGE ? I KNOW HOW TO USE =TODAY AND =NOW

FUNCTIONS
BUT THESE RESET THE DATE AND TIME EACH TIME THE SHEET IS SAVED OR

MODIFIED. I
NEED TO SHOW THE DATE OF CREATION AS WELL AS THE LAST DATE OF MODIFICATION

ON
MY WORKSHEET. I USE EXCEL TO PREPARE MATERIAL LISTS IN CONSTRUCTION
ESTIMATION. ANY HELP WILL BE GREAT. THANKS
--
DENNIS