Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Michael HPSC

Default auto insert invoice number that increases by one each time opened

Dear Paul,
The links and subsequent ideas and formulas that you put me onto are a
godsend. However I still have the issue of many users using this same
worksheet in a busy office, consequently the efficiency of producing a
consecutive number ever time the file is opened can create a problem from the
perspective that it does not matter what reason you open this file after its
creation it will always increase it number by one increment even if it is to
only view the file and edit figures or formats for whatever reason. The ideal
situation would be to set up a template that increments by one upon opening
but if 'safe as' if activated the incrementing factor becomes static.
Any ideas or amendimentsif to how I can handile this. Any advice would be
helpful and cheerfully welcomed.
KIndest regards
Michael the intermediate

"Michael HPSC" wrote:

I would like to set up an invoice that increases the invoice number by one
every time it's opened. The reason is that this invoice will be used by a
number of people in the same office.