Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
zmr325

Default Is Gary's Student here

If you could help me I would greatly appreciate it.

I need help finding a solution for formula I can not write.

Column

a b c d e
date open high low close

data for b,c,d,e go lets say to row a125

now in column f and g I have two =if statements with about 4 logical strings
to place a BUY in f and a SELL in g

Now what I need to do is write a formula for a stop loss record. It should
be if you have a buy signal you need the low to be = whatever variable you
are going to use. I took the close of the period that you got the buy signal
minus 6. So I need a way to calculate each timeframe (cell) to tell me
whether the low has gone through that 6 point stop or each the system
generated a new signal which would be a sell signal. THe opposite would then
hold true for the Sell signal. But it would be with the HIGH being greater
than the signal(close) plus 6. DO you think that you could help or anybody.
I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you
NOel