Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
DOR

Default Indexing/Matching True/False results

Hi,

You asked another question regarding how to count all the TRUEs plus
all the FALSEs in a private message - on case you don't go there rto
get my response, here it is ...

I may be wrong in this, but I was assuming that every instance of a
particular Name would have either a TRUE or a FALSE answer to each
question, so my formula for the percentage just counts the TRUEs and
divides by the number of occurrences of the Name, which in my formula
was

=COUNTIF(C9:C33,K1)

which simpy counts the occurrrenses of name. This should give you the
total number of TRUEs and FALSEs, but, if it is possible that a name
would have a blank in the TRUE/FALSE column, we have a different
situation that I would need to think about.

Let me know if there is such a third possibility.

Regards

Declan O'R

--
DOR