Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Biff

Default VLOOKUP() Question... i hope

Hi!

If a cell, say A1 has a formula in it, is there a function that you could
use in A5 that would call that function and have it operate as if it had
been copied to the cell?

Well, I'm going to suggest the obvious but I have a feeling it's much more
complicated than your explanation makes it seem.

=A1

Biff

"Adam Kroger @hotmail.com" <adam_kroger<nospam wrote in message
If VLOOKUP(MATCH()) retruns an equation/function is there a way for it
(the function) to retrun a vaule that is based its new relative position
calling, on data that is contained within the sheet to wich it was called
in the VLOOKUP(MATCH())? The VLOOKUP(MATCH()) would be used on multiple
sheets

corralary:
If a cell, say A1 has a formula in it, is there a function that you could
use in A5 that would call that function and have it operate as if it had
been copied to the cell?

I have a suspiscion that the answer is going to be VBA, but I am hoping
for a function.

Thanks
Adam