Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
stew1901

Default Calculating basic averages...a question

Good point on the median Mike. I was going to exclude it as I didn't
see an immediate way of using similar techniques (and it's not that
vital...this isn't anything particularly scientific)

TRIMMEAN I don't think would work...what I basically have is a list of
exam scores, but with a few absences (recorded as zero) and a very few
low scores from people who have since quit.

No doubt there are more sensible ways I could have organised the data!
But at least I've got a very small bit of experience with worksheet
functions now. The CTRL SHIFT ENTER thing in particular I had no idea
about and don't see how I'd have stumbled across by accident.

--
stew1901
stew1901's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=29164