Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
roy.okinawa

Default Unwanted Repeats

After trying different variations of the formula, I believe this could be the
problem. Not sure how to fix it.

Column A on this worksheet list the work sections that are pulled from
column AI on the Overall worksheet. Column A may find/list the same work
section more than once. However, when column B looks for the work order, it
should list the work order that corresponds with the work section and date
(contained in column AP on the overall worksheet.)

I think since it finds the work section more than once it is repeating that
match/find in column A. That is the cut/paste that I showed in my 1st post.

So here is how it should look without the repeating work order:

Section Work Order
29025 OK00121
29001 OK00105
29025 OK00114
00910 OK00002
29025 OK00005

Hope that makes sense?

"Max" wrote:

One other thought would be to check the ("tie-breaker"?) formula
that's in: Overall!$AP:$AP

What exactly is the formula that you have there ?
Where does the formula start and end?

If the formula's starting in mid-stream in col AP, i.e. not from row1 down,
then it's safer to use the exact range in col AP instead of (albeit neater)
entire col references. If you use entire col refs, then ensure that there's
nothing in col AP above the starting cell which could be throwing the
correct extracts off (look for especially other numbers unrelated to what
you're extracting with the posted formula).
--
Rgds
Max