Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gord Dibben

Default Protest sheet but allow sort

Pete

Prior to protecting the sheet the column(s) to sort must be unlocked.

Any Autofilter must be applied prior to protecting the sheet.

You may be better off using a macro to unprotect, do the sort, then
re-protect.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Mon, 28 Nov 2005 02:00:03 -0800, Pete Walburn <Pete
wrote:

Hi,

I have a spreadsheet that I would like to protect but still allow users to
sort and filter.
In Tools, Protect Sheet, I enter a password to unprotect sheet and put a
tick in the checkbox for Allow all users of this worksheet to: Sort.

But when I try to sort a column, I am told that the sheet is protected and I
cannot sort.

How do I get this to work?

Pete