Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Peo Sjoblom

Default Links between sheets in error due to insert rows

You can use INDIRECT but you must always have the workbooks open if you do
not have it open you'll get an error

=INDIRECT("'[workbook #2.xls]worksheet'!$B$10")

Peo Sjoblom

"Sarah" wrote in message
I have links set up between a number of complex worksheets and workbooks

in
excel 2003. However, I find that when I insert rows or columns in the

sheet
to which I'm linking, it throws off the value in the linking sheet.

In workbook #1, I have link <=[workbook #2.xls]worksheet!$B$10

If I go to Workbook #2 and insert a row or rows above row 10, the value
shown in Workbook #1 changes, because it is showing the new value in cell
B10. However, what I want to be able to do is link to the particular cell

in
workbook #2 - so that I could insert and delete rows/columns, and the info

in
that particular cell would still be the source of the link.

Thanks,
Sarah