jbean

Default How do I retrieve data (specific cells) from multiple worksheets on a shared drive

For example,

Joe Smoe filled in my template and told me he saved the file,
JoeSmoe.xls, in my desired shared folder (on a network). I want to
pull specific cells from his worksheet into my summary sheet by typing
in the name of his worksheet. I.e. - type JoeSmoe.xls in cell A1 and
have data from cell b2 in JoeSmoe.xls update into a specified cell in
my worksheet. Also, I would like to do this without opening his
worksheet. Does anyone know if this is possible.
Thanks!!

--
jbean
jbean's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=16331