Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
aseanor

Default Bizarre - can't double click to open Excel files

My company recently upgraded to 2003. Since the upgrade, I have been
unable to open an excel file in any way except through the open file
dialog in Excel itself. If I click on an icon (either on my desktop or
an attachment in an email), I get a pause, a jpeg of an adobe icon gets
copied into my clipboard and then a few seconds later, I get a message
that the file can not be found.

Everything else seems to work fine, all my models and files work fine,
all my links work fine and I have virus scanned / spyware scanned left
right and center.

MY IT guys have given up and are now avoiding me. Anyone have any
ideas? This is very annoying.

--
aseanor
aseanor's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=29161