Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions,microsoft.public.excel.links
David McRitchie

Default How to keep cell font setting after inserting hyperlink

Yes, that is what I meant by I have to learn more about scope.
Also curiously a followed hyperlink appears to apply to the specific cell.
Unlike a web browser where all references to a followed link are
immediately changed. (or at least if the page is reloaded/refreshed)

In other words, cells that become hyperlinks change to the style for a
hyperlink, but you probably only want to change the style of existing
hyperlinks only be first selecting hyperlinks.

You cannot select hyperlinks from Edit, Goto, Special, ...
But I do have a macro for selecting object type hyperlinks in BuildToc
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/exce/...lectHyperlinks

So you could use that macro before changing the style of those cells.
---
HTH,

<quote
"come_mon_come_mon!" wrote
I found another side effect of making the change. Originally, those
cells with hyperlinks inserted will have their font color changed from
default black to blue and text underlined. I don't need to place the
mouse pointer explicitly over the cell to check whether the cell has
hyperlink attached. After I made the change, all text appeared black,
regardless of whether the cells had hyperlinks assigned. That made me
confused because I need check each cell separately to see if hyperlink
was assigned.
<end quote