Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Smeeg

Default Please help me with a formula

thanks again for the quick reply - but I'm an idiot. I was trying to be
clever by saying put result a, b, ab, ba. but thats not what I really
wanted. Sorry to be a pain, but this is exactly what I need, rather
than just vague example. the formula's you have provided seem to stick
'a' and 'b' together when the results needed to be 'ab' but thats not
quite what I wanted :D

if anything is in cell A1 AND in cell B1 then show "ok" in cell C1
if anything is in cell A1 and NOT in cell B1 then show "add order" in
cell C1
if nothing is in cell A1 and IS in cell B1 then show "add client" in
cell C1
if nothing is in either cell A1 or B1 then show "add client add order"
in cell C1

thanks again,

Smeeg

--