Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
rrucksdashel

Default Checking for a formula

Maybe you can help me. I have the following:
In a blank workbook, I entered 4 in A1. Then in A2 I entered
=HasFormula (A1)
It gives me this
#NAME?

Also, if I name A1 as "Test" (without the quotes) and change the A1 in A2,
to Test, it gives me the same answer.

I have never been able to get this to work and really need for it to. Also,
you referred to a helper column. What is that and how would that help here?

"David McRitchie" wrote:

Instead of referencing a cell as sheet95!e1
you can use a named cell don't know if that will really help you
or not. You could use a helper column on your current sheet.

You will also have a problem if your hasformula is refereenced
from your personal.xls workbook, it will have to be in the same workbook.

--
---
HTH,

"rrucksdashel" wrote in message ...
How can I tell in a cell on one sheet if a cell on another sheet is an input
value or a formula (e.g., 4 or =2*2)? I use the conditional formatting
=(HasFormula) when the cell that I am checking is on the same sheet but
conditional formating won't let me reference another sheet (I don't think)