Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bob Phillips

Default Summary of all values and occurrence of each value

Assuming the numbers are in A1:A100

B1: =A1
B2: =IF(ISERROR(MATCH(0,COUNTIF(B$1:B1,$A$1:$A$20&""), 0)),"",
INDEX(IF(ISBLANK($A$1:$A$20),"",$A$1:$A$20),MATCH( 0,COUNTIF(B$1:B1,$A$1:$A$2
0&""),0)))

which is an array formula, so commit with Ctrl-Shift-Enter, and copy doun

C1: + COUNTIF(A:A,B1)

and copy down

--

HTH

RP

"martho" wrote in
message ...

I got a problem where I am looking for an elegant solution.

I got an table containing data, telling me a certain number.
What I want is a summary of all the numbers in that table and telling
me how many times each number occours. There can be gaps between these
numbers, lets say the number 90 occurs 12 times, number 95 occurs 2
times, number 98 occurs 5 times and so on and on.

Help would be very much appreciated, thanks

--
martho
martho's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=488627