Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Dave Peterson

Default adding a ' ie 'xxxx instead of xxxx

I don't think that this will help.

If the value is already in the cell, you won't be reapply the validation.

And if you're getting it ready for the next change, then the user could avoid
typing the apostrophe -- so that won't help.

Maybe just formatting the cell as text would be sufficient to catch the next
change--again, it won't help the current value in the cell.

cclambie wrote:

Hi

Firstly, Hello, my first post! So thanks if you can help

I would like to add a ' to a range of cells to ensure my previous
validation continues working.

Basically. Even though the cells are formated in Text format,
validation isn't working for some reason without the 'xxxx in the
cell.

does anyone know how to add this?

I have tried concatenate, but i then have to go down and f2, enter in
all the cells??

Would really appreciate your help.

--
cclambie