Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
nick s

Default Pulling a Letter from a cell and filling another cell with info

it seems that you may have helped me but I do not understand what you say, I
am sorry...
to be exact at what I am trying to do here are the exact letters and numbers
that I will be imputing and the exact letters and numbers I am needing to
show up.

RS23H1R109000 E55
RS23N1R109000 E65
RS23R1R109000 E74
RS23U1R109000 E86
RS23V1R109000 E87

So as you can see, if I type RS23H1R109000 in cell A1, I want cell B1 to
automaticly populate with E55

I need to be able to type any of the RS numbers in a cell and I need the
other cell to populate with the correct E number.

I hope that makes sense.....
Thanks again for your help, Nick

"nick s" wrote:

I am a newbee at this so bare with me......

Here is what I am trying to do with no luck so far.
If I type RS23U1R109000 in a cell A1, I want B1 to read the 5th letter or
number and fill B1 with E86.

Example
A1= RS23U1R109000 B1=E86
A1= RS23V1R109000 B1=E87
A1= RS23R1R109000 B1=E84

As you can see in my example, the 5th letter could be U,V,R or whatever, but
I need cell B1 to read that letter and populate B1 with E86, E87, E84 or
whatever.

I hope I haven't confused anyone...