Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Adrienne

Default formatting won't apply to my cell with a formula

I searched and it seems there isn't any conditional formatting applied to the
cells. I tried clearing all formatting under the edit menu, and still when I
try to format the cell with currency formatting, it doesn't take it. Even in
the formatting window, the sample doesn't show it with the decimal points of
the currency symbol as it does in the other cells in the other part of the
register that were formatted that way in the template.

Any other suggestions?

"Bernie Deitrick" wrote:

Adrienne,

Try removing and Conditional Formatting that may have been applied.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"Adrienne" wrote in message
I downloaded the checkbook register from Microsoft.com and am trying to add
few cells at the end to quickly calculate my outstanding debits and
credits
so that I can balance my statements automatically. I figured out how to
write
the formula properly (eventually), but the cells will not take on the
currency format no matter what I do. I have tried pasting the format from
the
other cells within the register, tried clearing the format and reapplying
the
currency format, tried accounting, etc.