Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Domenic

Default Vlookup 2 data matches?

Assumptions:

A1:D1 contains your headers/labels

A2:D4 contains your data

Formula:

=INDEX($D$2:$D$4,MATCH(1,($A$2:$A$4=F2)*($B$2:$B$4 =G2),0))

....where F2 contains the ID of interest, and G2 contains the date of
interest.

Note that the formula needs to be confirmed with CONTROL+SHIFT+ENTER,
not just ENTER

Hope this helps!

In article ,
Nav wrote:

I have a list of data (2 sets) , I need the data to be picked up from from 1
set if the Customer ID and the Date of purchase match together. I am aware
VLOOKUP will match and lokkup if one of the sets of data agrees, but is it
possible to pick up the 4th column if the customer ID AND the date match from
the first data set to the second data set? Please can someone help. Thanks
in advance.

EG.
Data set 1
ID Date Qty Total
1 1/12/05 5 1500
1 3/12/05 5 1500
2 2/12/05 10 2500

Data set 2
ID Date Total
1 3/12/05 (= formulae required to match both ID and date as
criteria.)