Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Philip J Smith

Default How do I enter formula for < or numbers.

These guys are brilliant on formulae, but you might find the following easier
to understand.

On a new worksheet enter the following in cells a1:e7

0 0
40 1
45 2
50 3
55 4
60 5
65 6

Name this range as "Scores"

In any cell - say D4 enter a score.

In cell d5 type =vlookup(d4,Scores,2)

Anything below 40 will get a 0, anything greater than, 0r equal to 40 but
less than 45 will get a 1 and so on.

If the values you want to test are scores that need grading, then the
numbers 0 to 6 can be replaced by F to A respectively and the formula will
still work.

"Betty P." wrote:

I am trying to enter a formula in a worksheet. I want the formula to do the
following: IF A1=40 then enter 1, if less that 40 enter 0, OR IF A1=45 enter
2, if less that 45 but more than 40 enter 1, OR IF A1=50 enter 3, if less
than 50 but more than 45 enter 2......and so on until the final one reads if
65 or greater enter 6.
Please help.....