Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Adam Kroger

Default Data Validation/Fill question

A further elaboration of the type of data I want to get into the box,
because I realized I didn't explain it very well. The following example
isn't what I am trying to do, but it will draw the correct picture. The
actual entries I want would be the name of cities. the nestings would be
like State - County - City

I have other data that will autofill into cells along the same row as the
fill, with data related to the selection, that is already contained in a
table on another sheet.

"Adam Kroger @hotmail.com" <adam_kroger<nospam wrote in message
. ..
I have a cell in my workbook that I would like to have filled from a
dropdown list. The possible option number about 30 so a "Data Validation"
would be unwieldly unless I could nest it, as the possibilities fall into 3
to 4 catagories. Is there a way to do this? I thought about a combo box,
but I want the same dropdown to be usable by approx. 120 cells. Is there a
macro that could be done in wich I select the cell and then a pop-up window
will allow the fill, or some way around this?

I am using Excel 97.