Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Niek Otten

Default Finding a value associated with a range

Look in HELP for the HLOOKUP() function

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten

"Raymond Gallegos" wrote in
message ...
Hello. I am attempting to create a formula that searches through a range
of values to identify where a number falls within the range and then, once
identified, takes an associated value as a multiplier in the formula.
Here is
the range data:

A B C D E
1 400 600 950 1250 1450
2 $15 $30 $45 $50 $55

Lookup value: 425

Based on these values, I need a formula to search a1 through e1 and
return the value in B2 ($30) associated with 600 (because 425 is over
400, but not greater than 600) and allow me to then multiply the lookup
value of 425 by the value returned (e.g., $30) giving me a result of
$12,750.
It's tough even describing what I want, but hopefully someone understands
and can assist me ASAP. Thank you.