anilsolipuram

Default Problem with search

I am not sure whether I understood your question.

If you saying that you are getting error when length of contents in the
cell is <1., you can use if criteria to see whether the length of the
cell content 1 and process your macro according to that.

=IF(LEN(D5)1,SEARCH("",D5,1),"")

In a macro, I´m trying to get the first word of every cell. I use the
function Search("",1). This works when there are several words in a
cell, but there is a runtime error when there is only one, since there
are no blanks in the cell. What could I do? Thanks!!

--
anilsolipuram
anilsolipuram's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=16271