Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
JE McGimpsey

Default Need Help with complex formula

First, a function in a cell can only return a value to that cell. It
can't directly input information into another cell.

Perhaps someone else will understand the situation better, but I can't
get a good handle on what you're trying to accomplish. Post back with a
more complete description, including range and cell references. I'm sure
it makes perfect sense to you, since you've been working on it
extensively, but I can envision many layouts that could fit your
description..

In article ,
TJF wrote:

I want to be able to have a cell paste to another worsheet in
the workbook.

I have finished the salesmans worksheets and now the I need a way for
the information based on a name to find the correct worksheet and then
the correct range (2 lines with a single name) based on a name in a
column and then the correct line based on a comapny name in a column
(the sales & PM work for 2 companies)

We have 12 sales people and 4 project managers and sometimes a project
manager may work some small projects for as many as 5 project managers.
Most times it is 3 but not always

I am making seperate worksheets for each salesman and each project
manager, I also have a seperate worksheet for lists and commission
rates.