Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Niek Otten

Default Add sequences of positive then negative numbers

Suppose your data is in A1 and below
In B1: =A1
In B2: =IF(SIGN(A1)=SIGN(A2),B1+A2,A2
Copy down as far as needed
In C1: =IF(SIGN(A1)=SIGN(A2),"",B1)
Copy down as far as needed

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten

"judoist" wrote in
message ...

Niek Otten Wrote:
It seems to me there is a little error in your example: the list should
be
5,-9,10,-4,32,11 shouldn't it?

You got a VBA solution; fine. If you need something else, post again,
and
I'll give a worksheet formula solution

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten

"judoist" wrote
in
message ...

I have a long list of random positive and negative numbers in column

A.
Id like to be able to add sequences of positive then negative

numbers
as they occur.

For example... in the list

5,-1,-5,-3,2,8,-1,-3,9,7,5,11,-5,6,5

.. i would add the positive numbers until the next number in the

list
was negative, then add the negative numbers till the next number was
positive, etc.

The answers for the above list would be 5, -9, 10 , -4, 21, -5, 11

Any ideas ?

--
judoist

judoist's Profile:
View this thread:

Youre right, i was actually hoping for a worksheet example.

Any ideas ?

--
judoist
judoist's Profile: