Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gary''s Student

Default Count Distinct only

Consider creating a helper column formed by concatinating Product and Code.

=A1 & B1

This would reduce your problem back to one dimension and you could still use
you countif technique.
--
Gary's Student

"John Moore" wrote:

Hi Guys, Problem I am trying to resolve is this, I am trying to extract data
from a table of data, I want the result to tell me the number of times a
certain piece of info appears ,,, example table
Product Code Cost
1 Pen 12345 £2:50
2 Pencil 13456 £1:00
3 Pen 12345 £2:50
4 Pen 12378 £2:50
5 Pen 12378 £2:50

Normmaly I would extract the number of times Pen appears by doing a simple
Countif on column A, however, I would like to extract the number of Codes
that appear in column B when Pen appears in column A, in the example above
the reult would be 4 fo column A, any ideas?