Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
SpikeUK

Default Move merged cells with conditional formatting?

Thanks for replying, D OR.

This is to be an availability page to be uploaded to my site, for four
holiday cottages. The table has two years worth of dates, as we often
get bookings up to two years in advance. Squares are green for
available, red for booked. A table like this makes it much more
convenient for potential customers to see what is available.

Most of the time, the bookings are for whole weeks, from Saturday to
Saturday, therefore it would be easier if the cells for a whole week
were merged, as per the first line in the enclosed attachment. However,
the table could function without merging the cells, it would just mean
selecting a group of 7 cells for a week, to colour red, instead of just
one.

However, out of season, we often have bookings for part of weeks, so
then it would be useful to be able to un-merge the cells for that week
to show exactly which days are booked, as per the second and third
lines of the enclosed attachment.

The table will be uploaded regularly so that it is always up to date. I
want it to be as simple as possible to use, as I am putting this
together for someone else, who is definately not a computer guru, to
use.

many thanks

Spike

|Filename: dates.jpg |