Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Chick

Default Template location

Thank you very muchy. Then what is the message referring to?? Why is the
invoice form linked to that (xls) file? It says that file is in the template
wizard database.

Sorry for appearing so ignorant. I appreciate your assistance very much.

Chick
"exceluserforeman" wrote:

an .xls file is not a template. If you save it as .xlt then you have a
template.

You may as well save it ianywhere you want, maybe in "My documents" and mark
it as readonly.

"Chick" wrote:

I would like to change the address of a template I am using for invoices
(INVDB.XLS). It is normally in Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\Library
but I have had to install my copy of Office 2000 in Program Files\Microsoft
Office 2000.
When I open a previous invoice I get an error stating that the INVDB.XLS
file can not be found (because the link to the file is not pointing to the
correct folder), but I can not change that link in the invoice to point to
the correct location. Any thoughts about how to do that??