Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
DOR

Default Indexing/Matching True/False results

Assuming that all of a person's answers are either TRUE or FALSE, put
the name in K1 and try this formula:

=IF(COUNTIF(C9:C33,K1)0,SUMPRODUCT(--(C9:C33=K1),--(H9:H33))/COUNTIF(C9:C33,K1),"")

If you change the TRUE/FALSE indication to anything else, such as T or
F, you will need to change the formula to:

=IF(COUNTIF(C9:C33,K1)0,SUMPRODUCT(--(C9:C33=K1),--(H9:H33="T"))/COUNTIF(C9:C33,K1),"")

because Excel treats the words TRUE and FALSE differently from any
other words, and it is not necessary to have an equality test to
determine if a cell has a TRUE value; it is de facto TRUE.

If it doesn't work, send me your spreadsheet.

HTH

Declan O'R

drvortex wrote:
Hello all,

I'm having a problem figuring out how to combine TWO functions to work
properly. What I'm trying to do is the following:

My chart looks like the following

B C D F G H J K

Date Name Call Sign Fcst Obs Correct? Fcst Obs Correct?

2 JN Tuff n i FALSE n n
TRUE
4 JN Sku i i TRUE i n
FALSE

Ok...the letters are column that the data is located in. The current
function I'm using is:

=IF(ISERROR((COUNTIF(H9:H33,"TRUE"))/((COUNTIF(H9:H33,"TRUE")+(COUNTIF(H9:H33,"FALSE")) ))),"",(COUNTIF(H9:H33,"TRUE"))/((COUNTIF(H9:H33,"TRUE")+(COUNTIF(H9:H33,"FALSE")) )))

What this does is takes all the FALSEs and TRUEs and counts them all up
and then divides them to give a decimal value at the bottom where this
function is located. What I need help on is adding another function to
this to count ONLY the values (FALSE and TRUE) that is specified by the
NAME.

So, what I'm asking is to have all JNs answers in the Correct? line
added up not all of the results from the top to the bottom. I need to
system to only count up the results of the specified name.

Can anyone help me out on this??? If you need more info, please let me
know. I can email you the file so you can take a look at it. This is
important! Thanks in advance.

Jason

--
drvortex