Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Phillycheese5

Default Return of blank cell if lookup fails

You can use something like this to avoid the N/A's :

=IF(ISNA(LOOKUP ARGUMENT),"",LOOKUP ARGUMENT))

It basically says if the lookup argument is N/A, then put "" (shows up
as blank), otherwise if it's not N/A, then use the argument.

I either use the vlookup or the hlookup. If you can switch your data
around, then you can specify using the exact value in the argument.

=VLOOKUP(A1,B1:C100,2,FALSE)

It says to find A1 in the table B1:C100 (what you put in A1 will only
be searched for in the range B1:B100, the left-most column of the
table), and give me the second cell value to the right. The formula
counts B as one, then C as two. The "FALSE" tells it to only look for
A1 as an exact match.

Hope it helps.
Phillycheese

--