Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Marhanen

Default Overtime Hours

I am using the same exact format in my spreadsheet that Zack is. I have gone
to the link you have posted and my head is still swimming from the amount of
information that is there. I have no idea where to begin and the event seems
like it would be fairly simple. Any suggestions for an actual example of the
event?

Thanks - Mar

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

You are posting in functions and there is not function that will change 10
to 8, you need an event macro for this, see:

you could however use 3 cells instead of 2

assume you put 10 in C2, in D2 you can use

=MIN(8,C2)

for regular hours

then for OT in E2 use

=MAX(0,C2-8)

Peo Sjoblom

(No private emails please)

"Zack" wrote in message
no i only have to columns look like this
January Week 1 Overtime
Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
Saturday
Sunday
Total weekly hours 0.00 0.00

i need a formula that if i put a 10 in the reg hours it will become an 8
and
the other 2 hours will go in the overtime column

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/overtime.htm

Peo Sjoblom

(No private emails please)

"Zack" wrote in message
I am using a time card template and what i want is a forumal that if i
put
10
hours in the reg hours colum it will automatically change and add the 2
hours
of overtime in the overtime row is this possible?