Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Baseball Greg

Default Zero replaces blank field when paste special is used

I need to bring numeric values forward from ten separate spreadsheets (survey
results) to a "helper spreadsheet" in order to calculate the mode of these
values for each survey question. I have data from two surveys and the values
are brought forward with no problems when I use Paste Special. However, when
I attempt to copy and past special the cells for the remaining eight survey
spreadsheets (for which no data is currently present) the result that is
copied to the "helper spreadsheet" is a zero rather than a blank field. The
zero isthen identified as a value and all my summary data (brought forward to
a separate "Summary" worksheet) indicates zero as the mode for each of the
survey questions. I appreciate any help you can offer.

Best regards,

Greg