Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Lee Harris

Default Number Formatting Question

I have a CSV file, and it must remain a CSV file because I use it to bind to
a DHTML page using a data source object.

I have a column in there called "salary", but I want it to be listed to 4
decimal places, ie 1.6700 not 1.67

I've formatted it in Excel that way, but on the web page it's always showing
as 1.67, I then tried a trick by storing it as a float for sorting purposes,
but as text for display purposes but that didn't work either

how can I do something like

B1 = Concatenate(A1) to turn the value in A1 into text, but retaining the
trailing zeros required

by the way, when I open the CSV file in notepad the numbers are in the right
format, so it's a DHTML issue to display them, but if I can get this trick
to work storing a duplicate as text, it won't matter, I'll get the web page
to display the text version but use the numeric version to sort/rank

thanks
Lee