Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Kevin B

Default Displaying text in vertical

You can use a text box, created by clicking the text box tool on the Drawing
toolbar, and after typing a character, hold down the Shift key and press
enter to insert a new line. Repeat until the word is completely entered.

If your drawing toolbar is not visible, right+click on any visible toolbar
and select Drawing from the list of available toolbars.

--
Kevin Backmann

"RogerN" wrote:

Only way I know is to write the text as normal, then format the cell to wrap
the text and then narrow the cell to the width of one character.

Hope this is sufficiebt.

Roger

"Hem" wrote:

Hi

I am using Microsoft Excel 2003.

I need to write the text in cell Vertically i.e. the characters of word
below to each other.

Is it possible or not?