Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Richard Buttrey

Default importing data

On Tue, 22 Nov 2005 19:52:02 -0800, "Grant M" <Grant
wrote:

I wish to import data from one workbook colum (B) to another workbook colum
(A) the data is in alpha numeric eg:SY-50185-k-02. I dont want to affect the
existing data I am importing to, but I want to update any data that is new or
different to the existing.

I'd be inclined to use a helper column in the workbook containing the
data you are importing from. Assume this is called Book1 and your
existing data is in Book2.

In C1 in Book1 enter
=VLOOKUP(B1,[Book2]Sheet1!$A:$A,1,FALSE)
and copy down as necessary.

Now filter the #N/A rows which contain data that doesn't already exist
in Book1, then copy and paste into Book2.

HTH

Richard Buttrey
__