Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ron Coderre

Default Remove html markup

How many characters are in the cell? Is there something about the cell to
make Excel think it's a formula (plus sign, equal sign, etc)?

(Anybody else have thoughts about this?)

Does that help?

***********
Regards,
Ron

"Stuart" wrote:

I have just tried that and it gives me the error message "formula to long"

"Stuart" wrote:

Thanks for the quick reply.

I have over 2500 products to do so that would take some finding and
replacing. Is there no formula or script that I can use to do this
automatically.

Regards

Stuart

"Ron Coderre" wrote:

I think this will get you most of the way the
EditReplace:
Find What: <*
Replace with: (this should be blank)
Click the [Replace] button until you're sure it's doing what you want. Then,
click the [Replace All] button.

That will leave some extraneous spaces, so do another Find/Replace for
double spaces and, again, replace them with nothing.

Does that help?

***********
Regards,
Ron

"Stuart" wrote:

How do I remove HTML markup from and cell.

i.e.
<DIV class=productdesc <H3SCALLYWAGS CHANGING MAT. </H3<TABLE border=0
<TBODY <TR <TD <UL <LIFoam-filled <LIWipe-clean surface <LIFits most
dressers <LIdimensions: 75 x 46cm </LI</UL</TD</TR
<TR</TR</TBODY</TABLE <UL <LIWhen using a changing mat on a dresser or
other raised surface, never leave your baby unattended even for a moment
</LI</UL</P</DIV

I want it to read:-

SCALLYWAGS CHANGING MAT. Foam-filled Wipe-clean surface Fits most dressers
dimensions: 75 x 46cm When using a changing mat on a dresser or other
raised surface, never leave your baby unattended even for a moment

I am trying to change out website csv file into a froogle csv file but
without the HTML

Thanks in advance

Stuart