Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
MaryK

Default Hour and minute

I'm still confused. I want to be able to enter the hour and minutes (e.g.
534) and have the format be hours and minutes (e.g. 5:34). This formatting
would apply to a column. Help!

Thanks!

"Myrna Larson" wrote:

You enter Bob's formula in whatever cell it is that you want to see the time
that corresponds to the entry in cell A1.

On 16 Oct 2004 08:37:24 -0700, (Terri) wrote:

Hello, I am having a similar problem. I entered my time in column 'C'
starting row '4'. I entered them as a number with 2 decimal places,
eg...18.12 ...want it to be 18:12. When I change the formatting to
'time', it thinks it's a serial date.
My question is...where do I enter the formula to change my numbers to
TIME?
Thanks

"Bob Phillips" wrote in message

=TIME(INT(A1/100), MOD(A1,100),0)

--

HTH

RP

"Vincdc" wrote in message
Hello:
I have some data like 415, 537, 2012...
Which function I can use to convert this number to hh:mm format, e.g.
4:15,
5:37 and 20:12?
Thanks in advance!