Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben

Default Add date to all new files

Kristin

Open a new workbook. Customize as you wish. FileSave As Type: scroll down
to Excel Template(*.XLT) and select. Name your workbook "BOOK"(no quotes).
Excel will add the .XLT to save as BOOK.XLT.

Store this workbook in the XLSTART folder usually located at........

C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel\XLSTART

This will be the default workbook for FileNew

Existing workbooks are not affected by these settings.

You can also open a new workbook and delete all but one sheet. Customize as
you wish then save this as SHEET.XLT in XLSTART folder also. It now becomes
the default InsertSheet.

More can be found on this in Help under "templates"(no quotes).

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Tue, 22 Nov 2005 14:17:05 -0800, "Kristin Broggi"
wrote:

I am working with Excel XP and I am looking for a way to have the current
date (static) display in the footer of all new files I create. I can create a
macro to insert the footer in the date but I cannot figure out how to get it
to run every time I create a new file. In Word, I can name the macro autonew
and I am all set. Any suggestions for Excel?
Thanks
Kristin