Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
ThermalJay

Default Need to stop formuls from automatically changing

Thanks a ton.. both of these worked perfectly.. You both are life savers!!
I get to staring at the screen for so long I just can't think anymore..

I have one more thing that is related to this same spreadsheet.

I need to add an average and sum to the summary page of the information i add
to each of the support pages. Again, when i add in a row, the formula on the
summary page changes. See below..

Before I add a row to a support worksheet-

=AVERAGE(Electric!B8:B51)

After I add a row-

=AVERAGE(Electric!B9:B51)

I need this formula to stay the same and not change. I tried to fool around
and use the "Offset" and "indirect" commands but i couldn't get then to work
for this. I am probably just not putting it into the right order.

Dave Peterson wrote:
You always want to point at C7--no matter what's inserted/deleted:

=indirect("electric!c7")

I have a file with mulitiple worksheets. The first worksheet is the summary
and pretty much just rolls up the info from all the other worksheets. My

[quoted text clipped - 12 lines]

Please help..