Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Elkar

Default Need to stop formuls from automatically changing

You could use the OFFSET function.

=OFFSET('Electric'!A1,6,2)

This will find the value in the cell that is 6 rows down and 2 columns right
of cell A1 on the "Electric" worksheet. As long as you don't insert any rows
above Row 1, the formula shouldn't change.

HTH,
Elkar

"ThermalJay" wrote:

I have a file with mulitiple worksheets. The first worksheet is the summary
and pretty much just rolls up the info from all the other worksheets. My
problem is, everymonth i enter new information into Row 6 / Column C in all
of the supporting worksheets. What i want to happen is, the summary worksheet
to grab the infomation from this cell and disregard the others. Whenever I
insert a column into the supporting worksheets each month the formula on the
summary page automatically cahnges. How do i stop it from changing? Here is
the formula I am currently using

=Electric!$C$7

When I had a new row it will automatically change to

=Electric!$C$8

Please help..