Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Roger Govier

Default Display text depending on values of 3 different cells?

Hi

Assuming your data is in columns A:C enter in D1
=CHOOSE(COUNTIF(A1:C1,"=0")+1, "","Tangential","Axial","Oblique")
and copy down column D as far as required.

Regards

Roger Govier

henrat wrote:
Hi guys, I'm doing an assessment for Uni which involves using Excel to
calculate various acoustic measurements of a certain room. Not sure if
anyone here knows any acoustics, but I have a formula to find every
Mode in the room:

f(nx, ny, nz) = (c/2)*SQRT((nx/Lx)^2+(ny/Ly)^2+(nz/Lz)^2)

Basically the formula relies on the dimensions of the room (Lx, Ly, Lz)
and integer multiples of them (nx, ny, nz). So I have a very long list
of different combinations or nx, ny, nz:

0, 0, 1
0, 1, 0
1, 0, 0
0, 1, 1
6, 7, 5 etc...

These three values are entered in separate columns.

When there are two cells containing "0"s, I would like a cell to
display the text "Axial"
When only one cell contains "0" I would like the text to read
"Tangential"
When all three cells contain a number other than "0" it should show
"Oblique"

So FINALLY my question is, how can I make a cell show one of these
words depending on what the 3 cells containing the numbers are
showing....?

Hope that makes some sense... I'm getting so confused!

Thanks greatly in advance!

Henry