Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips

Default get a total based on criteria in two columns

=SUMPRODUCT(--(TEXT(A2:A200="yyyymmm")="2005Jan"),--(B2:B200="CLOSED"))

etc.

--

HTH

RP

"rar" wrote in message

I am trying to get a total number of records based on criteria in two
different columns. The columns a Date closed (data enetered as

YYYY/MM/DD)
and status (where I am looking for "CLOSED", "REGISTERED" and "RENEWED").

I want to count the number of files that have been closed, registered and
renewed in a specific month of a specific year, the day is irrelivant.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.