Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
DCSwearingen

Default Excel Help File Problems

Our company is using Office 2000 on Window 2000 / NT OS.

I recently had some issues and had to have my hard drive re-imaged.

I am a relative novice with Excel VBA and rely heavily on the VBA Help
files. Unfortunately the hot links on the top of the help pages are
missing and there is only a placeholder (small square box shaddow with
a dot in the middle).

These use to have hot links such as "See Also", "Examples", Methods",
etc.

Most of the hot links embedded withing the text of the help files do
not work either. A common error message that appears would be:

"An error has occurred in the scrpt on this page"
"Error: Object doesn't support this property or method"
"Error Code: 0"

And then asked "Do you want to continue running scripts on this page?"

Our company Help Desk has worked on this off and on since July with no
results as yet.

I was hoping someone might have an idea of how to get my help file
functional again.

--
DCSwearingen

DCSwearingen's Profile: