Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Fredrik E. Nilsen

Default outlook 3 line street address

On Tue, 22 Nov 2005 05:26:06 -0800, joe smith
wrote:

Does anyone have any ideas?

"joe smith" wrote:

Hi,
I am copying and pasting contact ionfo from a pulbic folder to excel. For
any contacts with more than one line on the street address it drops the next
line to a new row. If it has 3 lines on the street it will add 2 rows. I have
tried all of the posts I can find regarding carriage returns, etc. I have
even tried parsing the address in outlook and I get the same results but with
an extra blank column on the next row. I am trying to get this to do lists
but i have to do editing on each of the multi lines entries to put the info
back in the right columns. help!

As long as you just select the cell and then paste, Excel will use one
cell for each line of text, no matter what kind of line break it is in
the original text.

If you double-click in the cell the insertion point will go inside the
cell and you can paste all lines of text in the same cell.

--
Fredrik E. Nilsen