Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
David Biddulph

Default Labels on Cells?

"Chaplain Doug" wrote in message
Excel 2003. Is there a way to place a label or tag on a cell in a sheet

so
that the cell may be referenced by that label or tag rather than by the

cell
number? I am building a workbook programmatically and it would be helpful

if
I could tag certain data in one sheet so that it could be referenced by
another sheet regardless of the cell in which it ends up.

For instance, I build a year to date sheet and it has totals at the bottom
of the columns, but these totals do not always end up in the same row. In
another sheet I want to reference these totals. If I could make a "tag"

in
the YTD sheet for the total of a column (like YTDINCOME) then I be able to
reference that "tag" in a cell in my summary sheet that would lick my
problem. Any help will be greatly appreciated. God bless.

Insert Name
--
David Biddulph