Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Roger Govier

Default vlookup using two lookup values?

Hi James

That doesn't work. It returns 354 no matter whether you enter NC, KY or TN
in cell B10.
Even adding the false fourth argument doesn't help. There is no way that
Vlookup will work in this manner without doing a concatenation of cells.

Regards

Roger Govier

James wrote:
I posted this earlier but here it is again...

Assuming City is keyed in into cell "A1"

City State Miles
Lexington NC 423
Nashville TN 501
Lexington KY 354
Hickory NC 645
Bristol TN 344
Lexington TN 233

City State
Lexington KY 354 = Answer Cell "C10"

Key in the following formula into Cell "C10"
=VLOOKUP(A10:B10,A2:C7,3) then enter Crtl+Shift+Enter

"tjb" wrote:

Is there a way to perform a vlookup with two lookup values? For instance,
I'd like to look up the value of A1 and B1 in a table with A1 and B1 values
included to return cell C2 from the table. Any ideas? I've had limited
succcess using concatenate and then using vlookup on that cell but i'd like
to not have to do the concatenate step.